Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rakesh Roshan is worried about Krrish sequel

It seems like James Cameron`s "Avatar" has affected Bollywood in unexpected ways. Director Rakesh Roshan is having second thoughts about making the sequel to "Krrish" after watching the Hollywood sci-fi saga.

However, he thinks it is possible to create effects on par with Hollywood.

"I saw the film (`Avatar`) in Los Angeles. And it certainly made me sit up and re-think about `Krrish`. But I don`t think it is impossible to create effects on par with Hollywood. We need to budget the sequel intelligently," he said.

As far as starting Krrish`s sequel goes, Roshan senior admits there`s no immediate chance of it taking off. "I am not even thinking of directing my own film until our production `Kites` is released May 14. Only then will I seriously start planning my directorial project. For now, the next film I direct is Krrish`s sequel. But it may change if I`m unhappy with the script."

What the patriarch of the Roshan empire leaves unsaid is that he and son Hrithik Roshan sat together and discussed the feasibility of doing a lavish big budget film in the light of "Avatar" and other Hollywood extravaganzas dubbed in Hindi.

Hrithik has made it clear to his father that there`s no point in doing a Hollywood-style special-effects film unless there`s scope and space for the `desi` counterpart to make an impact at the box office.

Says a source: "Hrithik is not sure about the feasibility of the Krrish series any more. Not after James Cameron`s `Avatar`. He wants the project to go through a budgetary scrutiny to see whether they can create effects comparable with Hollywood`s `Avatar` and `2012`. Otherwise what is the point?"

No comments:

Post a Comment