Sunday, March 8, 2009

Imran khan to play in ‘Vagina Monologues’

http://www.bollywood.ac/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/14708644_imran-khan1.jpg

Mumbai, March 07: Chocolate boy Imran Khan has become the first man ever to be a part of the controversial play ‘Vagina Monologues’. While most men don’t seem to be too comfortable with the mere mention of V-word, Imran is all geared up to come to terms with the intricacies associated with the female organ for a charity show.

According to reports, the actor will read out a part of the script called ‘My Short Skirt’, read by Marisa Tomei and Mallika Sherawat earlier. “Well, I will read it in third person and a girl will enact it on stage for me. Director Mahabanoo Mody-Kotwal called up Eve Ensler, the writer of the play, and asked her how she felt about adapting the script to include a male actor. If I don’t make a fool of myself, I hope even men will be drawn into the theatre,” Imran told a news daily.

However, Imran confesses that he is nervous about the performance and says, “My friend Sonali Sachdev, who has been part of the cast, asked me if I could do a reading. I have no experience in theatre and wanted to perform for a live audience. Also, it’s a charity show for a battered women’s home. Haseena, the victim of the acid attack, will be there as well. So we are trying to raise funds and create awareness for these women.”

We believe that Imran is sure going to be a great inspiration for other actors after his bold and innovative theatre attempt for a good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment