Monday, February 23, 2009

A.R.Rehman Brings oscar to India

http://www.daijiworld.com/images1/arm_102209-1.jpg

Music Maestro AR Rahman makes India proud. As expected, he brought two Oscars home which never happened before In India. His achievement in the music world will be remembered for the days to come. Rahman won the Oscars for Best Original Score and Best Original Song for Slumdog Millionaire. While accepting the most prestigious award, Rahman quipped, "There is a dialogue from an old Hindi film - "Mere paas ma hai" - which means I have nothing but a mother. My mother is here, I have her blessings. I am glad she could be here”. He even performed live on stage on a popular song from Slumdog.

Rahman shared the Best Original song with lyricist Gulzar. When he walked up to receive his second honor, he said, “All my life I had a choice between hate and love. I chose love and I am here”. Slumdog Millionaire by director Danny Boyle shined throughout the academy. Out of 10 nominations, the film own 8. Best Film award, Best Director award, Best Original Score, Best Original Song, Best Film Editing, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Cinematography and Best Sound Mixing, all those categories of awards came to Slumdog Millionaire’s credit.

Another Indian who walked away with the Oscars was Resul Pookutty, who shared the Best Sound Mixing award with Ian Tapp and Richard Pryke. Pookutty in his speech said, "This is unbelievable. I share this stage with two magicians? I dedicate this award to my country”. Slumdog Millionaire is based on Mumbai’s fairy-tale journey of a slum boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment