Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm just a good bathroom singer, Sonam Kapoor

http://www.hamaraphotos.com/bollywood/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/sonam-kapoor-in-saawariya.jpg


Sonam Kapoor is the new budding star of Bollywood. She failed to spell magic in Saawariya but with Delhi 6 she has been able to make a place in the heart of the people. No sooner the promo of Delhi 6 hit the small screen, Sonam became the darling of all and everyone is going gaga over her and it became a must watch film. In the much awaited Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's film, Sonam is playing an aspiring singer. When she was asked how good she is as a singer, Sonam was quick to reply, "I love music and I'm passionate about it. But I'm just a good bathroom singer, I'm not at all a competent singer’.

Sonam stars opposite Abhishek Bachchan. Delhi 6 music has been scored by music maestro A.R Rehman and is getting good reviews. The story is based on the childhood memories of director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra. In his director’s note, he says, “For me it’s much more than a movie. I have dipped the pen in the ink of my childhood memories, and setting them against today’s contemporary India, have tried to weave a story. The story is told against the backdrop of the ancient walled city of Delhi. The pin code of this old city is 110006. With pride and love it is called ‘Delhi-6’”.

No comments:

Post a Comment